By Chronis Kynigos
(Director of Educational Technology Lab, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens School of Philosophy, Faculty of Philosophy, Pedagogy and Psychology Department of Pedagogy)
(1) More info about the projects in Educational Technology Lab, can be found in : http://etl.ppp.uoa.gr/_content/Erga_R@D/Index_research_en.htm
(2) Constructionism is first coined by Seymour Papert “”The word constructionism is a mnemonic for two aspects of the theory of science education underlying this project. From constructivist theories of psychology we take a view of learning as a reconstruction rather than as a transmission of knowledge. Then we extend the idea of manipulative materials to the idea that learning is most effective when part of an activity the learner experiences as constructing a meaningful product.”
(3) Constructionism can be addressed as an epistemology of learning associated with a theory of learning and design
(4) Constructionism is relevant since digital society is full of objects to be tinkered with and tools for collective mathematical activity and communication.
(5) Constructionist media : A digital media as an expressive medium for students. Designed for students and teacher
(6) Useful Links: