- What are waves? How can we study and describe such motion?
- How can oscillatory motion be related to wave motion?
- What do different types of waves have in common, and how are they different?
Learning OutcomesProgressive wavesa) show an understanding and use the terms displacement, amplitude, period, frequency, phase difference, wavelength and speed.(b) deduce, from the definitions of speed, frequency and wavelength, the equation(c) recall and use the equation(d) show an understanding that energy is transferred due to a progressive wave.(e) recall and use the relationship, intensity .(f) show an understanding of and apply the concept that wave from a point source and travelling without loss of energy obeys an inverse square law to solve problems.Transverse and Longitudinal Waves(g) analyse and interpret graphical representations of transverse and longitudinal waves.Polarisation(h) show an understanding that polarisation is a phenomenon associated with transverse waves.(i) recall and use Malus’law (intensity ) to calculate the amplitude and intensity of a plane polarised electromagnetic wave after transmission through a polarising filter.Determination of frequency and wavelength of sound waves(j) determine the frequency of sound using a calibrated oscilloscope.(k) determine the wavelength of sound using stationary waves.*
original lesson https://vle.learning.moe.edu.sg/lesson/view/7448bde4-1441-4ca2-8629-062bf43bea14#page-0
This lesson is designed for Secondary Four Express and Five Normal Academic students doing Physics, for first time learners.
- You must be able to state the properties of magnets.
About this lesson package:
This lesson package consists of
- A simulation to determine the magnetic field pattern of a bar magnet [5 min]
- A simulation to plot the magnetic field lines of a bar magnet [5 min]
- A quick check to extend the drawing of field lines to two interacting magnets [5 min]
SSTRF_2017_ETD_3 attempt at spreading to Singapore Schools
Skip site announcements
(There are no discussion topics yet in this forum)
Skip course categories