Isotopes and Atomic Mass by PHET JAVA
- Parent Category: Chemistry
- Category: 02 Atomic Structure and Stoichiometry
- Created: Friday, 28 August 2015 13:50
- Last Updated: Friday, 28 August 2015 14:26
- Published: Friday, 28 August 2015 13:50
- Hits: 4876
- Atomic Mass
Are all atoms of an element the same? How can you tell one isotope from another? Use the sim to learn about isotopes and how abundance relates to the average atomic mass of an element.
Sample Learning Goals
- Define “isotope” using mass number, atomic number, number of protons, neutrons and electrons.
- Given information about an element, find the mass and name of an isotope.
- Give evidence to support or dispute: “In nature, the chance of finding one isotope of an element is the same for all isotopes.”
- Find the average atomic mass of an element given the abundance and mass of its isotopes.
- Predict how the mass and name of an isotope will change given a change in the number of protons, neutrons or electrons.
- Predict how the average atomic mass of an element changes given a change in the abundance of its isotopes.
Sun Java 1.5.0_15 or later
OS 10.5 or later
Sun Java 1.5.0_19 or later
|Sun Java 1.5.0_15 or later|
|Design Team||Third-party Libraries||Thanks To|