- Parent Category: measurement
- Category: 1. Length
- Created: Tuesday, 14 April 2020 09:32
- Last Updated: Sunday, 16 May 2021 16:10
- Published: Tuesday, 14 April 2020 09:32
- Written by Loo Kang Wee
- Hits: 1501
|with best with||Chrome||Chrome||Chrome||Chrome|
|support full-screen?||Yes. Chrome/Opera No. Firefox/ Samsung Internet||Not yet||Yes||Yes|
Sample Learning Goals
Measurement of Length
This interactive supports the exploration of measurement of a pencil using paper clips.
Each reset randomally set a new length from 5 to 10 units
The alignment is automatic and is on the left.
The pencil or object can be reposition and the yellow left alignment will automatically snap to the left of the pencil or object.
You can drag on the paper clips and position them in a straight line to count the number of units of length is required to measure the length of the pencil
Click play and the interactive play the movement of the paper clips
Finally, try to input the correct answr on the inpur field on the top right cornner.
Primary 1: Length_Interactive board using non-standard units to measure the length of object
In this lesson, you will learn to
- measure some objects using the virtual paper clips as non-standard units.
- use the word unit to measure length
- estimate the length of objects with number of units
Before you use the interactive board to explore and measure objects using the paper clips,
please refer to the explanation below to understand how the different buttons work.
It's exploration Time!
After you have read the explanation of the different buttons, please explore to estimate the length of different objects using the paper clips.
Note: The objects used here are for illustration only, it is not the actual size of the object.
What have you learned about length?
1. I must use the ___________ non-standard units when comparing the length of objects.
2. I learn words like _____________ when comparing the lengths of objects.
3. When measuring length, the units must be placed end-to-end without __________________.
I must use the same non-standard units when comparing the length of objects.
2. I learn words like long/longer/longest/short/shorter/shortest (any reasonable answer) when comparing the lengths of objects.
3. When measuring length, the units must be placed end-to-end without gaps or overlaps (can accept 'space').