- Parent Category: 02 Newtonian Mechanics
- Category: 02 Dynamics
- Created: Friday, 04 May 2018 17:41
- Last Updated: Friday, 07 December 2018 09:23
- Published: Friday, 04 May 2018 17:41
- Written by Wei Chiong
- Hits: 3211
Dpto. de Informática y Automática
E.T.S. de Ingeniería Informática, UNED
Juan del Rosal 16, 28040 Madrid, Spain
|with best with||Chrome||Chrome||Chrome||Chrome|
|support full-screen?||Yes. Chrome/Opera No. Firefox/ Samsung Internet||Not yet||Yes||Yes|
Alfonso Urqua; Carla Martn; Tan Wei Chiong; Loo Kang Wee
Sample Learning Goals
This simulation shows a complete mechanical spring-mass system. The masses and the spring all experience frictional forces acting on them, which is graphed out on the right graph in the simulation.
The left graph contains the entire spring system, which moves according to the spring forces acting on it. The right panel shows the graph of the forward and backward frictions against time.
The parameters can be adjusted with the sliders at the top of the simulation.
- http://www.euclides.dia.uned.es/simulab-pfp/curso_online/cap7_caseStudies/sec_mechanicalSist.htm by Alfonso Urquia and Carla Martin-Villalba