Air Drag Under a Push Model Simulator HTML5
- Parent Category: 02 Newtonian Mechanics
- Category: 02 Dynamics
- Created: Friday, 09 November 2018 11:03
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 14 November 2018 10:58
- Published: Friday, 09 November 2018 11:03
- Written by Loo Kang Wee
- Hits: 3689
This SIM illustrates how drag force namely air resistance changes with the velocity of the object.
This in turn shows how the resultant force varies which affects the rate of increase of velocity.
The SIM hopes to visualise graphically how the forces vary as velocity increases and approaches terminal velocity.
Misconception of Students
· Students are unable to explain why objects eventually reach terminal velocity.
Outcomes of the simulator
· Students understand how velocity affects air resistance.
· Students understand objects remain accelerating before eventually reaching terminal velocity
|with best with||Chrome||Chrome||Chrome||Chrome|
|support full-screen?||Yes. Chrome/Opera No. Firefox/ Samsung Internet||Not yet||Yes||Yes|
Tek Yong Shoun
Sample Learning Goals