Transpiration Virtual Lab with 9 Plants (English Ivy, Weeping Fig, Dieffenbachia, Devil's Ivy, Arrowhead, Coleus, Geranium, Rubber Plant and Zebra Plant) Under 4 Conditions (none, wind or air movement temperature of air and light intensity )
- Parent Category: Interactive Resources
- Category: Biology
- Created: Monday, 24 May 2021 16:13
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 25 May 2021 16:08
- Published: Monday, 24 May 2021 16:13
- Written by kyrin
- Hits: 111
To-do List (24/5/21)
- Add visible light (glow) to the lamp
- Remove existing plant from potometer image
|with best with||Chrome||Chrome||Chrome||Chrome|
|support full-screen?||Yes. Chrome/Opera No. Firefox/ Samsung Internet||Not yet||Yes||Yes|
kyrin; lookang; Francisco Esquembre; Felix J. Garcia Clemente
View the simulation here.
A biology simulation demonstrating the rate of transpiration of 9 different plants under 4 varying conditions (control, heater, fan, lamp). Click on Run to simulate the passing of time for 1 hour and view the amount of water transpired by each plant under different conditions. Data obtained is automatically recorded in the data table to the right.
The 9 plants are English Ivy, Weeping Fig, Dieffenbachia, Devil's Ivy, Arrowhead, Coleus, Geranium, Rubber Plant and Zebra Plant.
- Follow the instructions in the simulation and set up the virtual experiment to investigate the effects of:
- wind or air movement
- temperature of air
- light intensity
With reference to your virtual experimental data,
- Describe the relationship between the environmental factor and the rate of transpiration.
- Explain the relationship based on your understanding of transpiration and the movement of water molecules.
You may refer to this link for more information on the movement of water molecules
- https://weelookang.blogspot.com/2021/05/transpiration-virtual-lab-with-9-plants.html original simulation by kyrin