- Parent Category: 04 Waves
- Category: 01 Superposition
- Created: Thursday, 20 August 2015 15:00
- Last Updated: Thursday, 25 May 2017 16:24
- Published: Thursday, 20 August 2015 15:00
- Hits: 16815
Transverse and longitudinal waves
Determination of frequency and wavelength
Play with the 2 Wave Superposition Model. Test what you've learned by exploring the amplitudes, wave velocities, frequencies, wavelengths.
As a pedagogical tool, "modeling pedagogy: key in your own equation like A*sin(2*pi/λ(x-v*t) form" .
for ease of keying in, select from the dropdown menu is also possible before adding on through the input fields of f(x) and g(x).
Sample Learning Goals(a) show an understanding and use the terms displacement, amplitude, phase difference, period,
frequency, wavelength and speed
(b) deduce, from the definitions of speed, frequency and wavelength, the equation v = fλ
(c) recall and use the equation v = fλ
(f) analyse and interpret graphical representations of transverse and longitudinal waves
(a) explain and use the principle of superposition in simple applications
|with best with||Chrome||Chrome||Chrome||Chrome|
|support full-screen?||Yes. Chrome/Opera No. Firefox/ Samsung Internet||Not yet||Yes||Yes|
http://www.opensourcephysics.org/items/detail.cfm?ID=13307 Physlet Sound Illustrations Package Physlet Physics Chapter 18
- http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/index.php?topic=829.0 Java version Superposition of Two Waves (with different phases,same amplitude,frequency) by Fu-Kwun Hwang
- http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/index.php?topic=752.0 Java version Superposition of two waves (same frequency, different amplitude, phase/dir ) by Fu-Kwun Hwang
- https://www.geogebra.org/m/z57naxTr by ukukuku