- Parent Category: 02 Newtonian Mechanics
- Category: 09 Oscillations
- Created: Thursday, 20 August 2015 15:00
- Last Updated: Thursday, 25 May 2017 15:46
- Published: Tuesday, 19 April 2016 15:00
- Hits: 3954
The graphs show how the variation with time of the velocity, v and the acceleration, a of a body when it is oscillating with simple harmonic motion.
(a) Determine the period, T.
(b) Sketch the variation with time of the displacement, x, of the oscillating body
[ 2.09 s, x = 2 sin( 3t )]
a) maximum velocity , v0 = x0ω = 6 m/s
maximum acceleration a0 = x0ω2 = 18 m/s2
thus dividing the 2 equations, we get ω = 3 rad/s
x0 = 2 m
using the model to test check out your answer!
|with best with||Chrome||Chrome||Chrome||Chrome|
|support full-screen?||Yes. Chrome/Opera No. Firefox/ Samsung Internet||Not yet||Yes||Yes|