Bending Light Model by PhET
- Parent Category: 04 Waves
- Category: 04 Light
- Created: Thursday, 24 December 2015 11:52
- Last Updated: Thursday, 24 December 2015 11:52
- Published: Thursday, 24 December 2015 11:52
- Written by Loo Kang Wee
- Hits: 4407
- Snell's Law
Explore bending of light between two media with different indices of refraction. See how changing from air to water to glass changes the bending angle. Play with prisms of different shapes and make rainbows.
Sample Learning Goals
- Explain how light bends at the interface between two media and what determines the angle.
- Apply Snell’s law to a laser beam incident on the interface between media.
- Describe how the speed and wavelength of light changes in different media.
- Describe the effect of changing wavelength on the angle of refraction.
- Explain how a prism creates a rainbow.
|Windows 7+||Mac OS 10.7+||iPad and iPad Mini with iOS||Chromebook with Chrome OS|
|Internet Explorer 10+latest versions of Chrome and Firefox||Safari 6.1 and uplatest versions of Chrome and Firefox||latest version of Safari||latest version of Chrome|