Experiments on Diffusion by Concord Consortium
- Parent Category: 02 Atomic Structure and Stoichiometry
- Category: 01 The Particulate Nature of Matter
- Created: Sunday, 01 March 2020 23:33
- Last Updated: Sunday, 01 March 2020 23:34
- Published: Sunday, 01 March 2020 23:33
- Written by Luo, Andy
- Hits: 1322
In this first simulation, learners experience the diffusion of a dye particle through other water particles.
Learners can be guided to explain how diffusion occurs through a series of continuous random motion.
In this second simulation, the effects of molar mass and temperature can be used as an exploratory activity for learners to conclude the effects that these have on the rate of diffusion.
Simulation of (1) diffusion and (2) effects of molar mass and temperature onm diffusion.
Sample Learning Goals
Inquiry-based Learning activity for students to experiment on diffusion, manipulating temperature and molar mass.