States of Matter: Basics (TT)
- Parent Category: 02 Atomic Structure and Stoichiometry
- Category: 01 The Particulate Nature of Matter
- Created: Friday, 28 August 2015 10:48
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 20 October 2015 09:50
- Published: Friday, 28 August 2015 10:48
- Hits: 4370
- Atomic Bonding
- Interaction Potential
Watch different types of molecules form a solid, liquid, or gas. Add or remove heat and watch the phase change. Change the temperature or volume of a container and see a pressure-temperature diagram respond in real time. Relate the interaction potential to the forces between molecules.
Sample Learning Goals
- Describe a molecular model for solids, liquids, and gases.
- Extend this model to phase changes.
- Describe how heating or cooling changes the behavior of the molecules.
- Describe how changing the volume can affect temperature, pressure, and state.
- Relate a pressure-temperature diagram to the behavior of molecules.
- Interpret graphs of interatomic potential.
- Describe how forces on atoms relate to the interaction potential.
- Describe the physical meaning of the parameters in the Lennard-Jones potential, and how this relates to the molecule behavior.
need some CSI worksheerts?
Sun Java 1.5.0_15 or later
OS 10.5 or later
Sun Java 1.5.0_19 or later
|Sun Java 1.5.0_15 or later|
|Design Team||Third-party Libraries||Thanks To|