epub3 e-Book on Gravity
- Parent Category: 02 Newtonian Mechanics
- Category: 08 Gravity
- Created: Monday, 07 September 2015 09:04
- Last Updated: Thursday, 03 August 2017 14:05
- Published: Tuesday, 19 April 2016 09:00
- Written by Loo Kang Wee
- Hits: 13161
Take the survey!
Latest Version Download
- 20170803gravity.epub updated with better simulations
- 20161216gravity.epub after Dropbox Public folder fail and added sound API
- 20161208gravity.epub after Professor Felix Singapore visit and end of year review.
- 20160707gravity.epub after IJC's bug fix for Newton's Mountain Model 8,8.1,8.2 South Pole to be correct, Binary stars with draggable velocities for more open exploration
- 20160701gravity.epub after YJC's review, has better design, new 2 mass simulations, and the 3D kepler's system requested by YJC.
- 20160526gravity.epub improved better user interface dropdown menu, bug fix for gravity11g
- iBook (require any of the 51 countries supported by ibook, excluding Singapore iTunes account, please use the Digital Library copy link above )
- Google Gbook Book
The content are originally based on lectures notes from Yishun Junior College, Singapore.
photo from Leong Tze Kwang.
If you are having problem getting this interactive textbook, try this link https://iwant2study.org/ospsgx/index.php/interactive-resources/physics/02-newtonian-mechanics/08-gravity/153-epub3-gravity
Best Android Experience: PlayBook download with links to simulation launch in Chrome browser full screen.
Best Apple Experience: iBook download with iPads, simulations launch out or in ibook itself.
To submit to Google, use this link https://play.google.com/books/publish/u/0/a/481254498767217628#list/status%3Alive_on_google_play
To submit to Apple, use the iTune Producer App on iMac
epub3 reader such as
Google Play Store Android Gitden Reader App,
Apple iBook app
ChromeWeb Extension for computer
Loo Kang WEE Lawrence is currently educational technology specialist II at the Ministry of Education, Singapore. His open source physics contribution garner awards including UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICTs in Education 2015, Singapore Public Service PS21 Distinguished Star Service Award 2014 and Best Ideator 2012, Ministry of Education, Singapore, Best Innovator Award 2013 and Excellence Service Award 2012.
Leong Tze Kwang photographer for the cover page of chapter.
|Survey results on Gravitation ebook from JC1 seniors workshop on 15 Oct 2015|
|1||How useful is this ebook, on a scale from 1 - 10?||7.27|
|2||Would you use this ebook, on a scale from 1 - 10?||6.4|
|Why?||Useful for easy visualisation|
|Learning become more interesting |
|Better than boring lessons as this is more interactive |
|Very interesting and good for concept but once is enough for understanding|
|Easier to visualise as compared to paper but may not be able to understand fully the use of each function|
|Prefer lecture notes but this may come in handy when I need clarification|
|Might be difficult to use but it is helpful for students to understand better|
|Useful but boring|
|Might not have additional time to use it|
|Not a system I am used to|
|A little time-consuming|
|I may not know how to use certain SIM and hence not using it|
|The SIM is repetitive and the content is heavy|
|3||Should we replace lecture notes with this ebook?||Yes ; No |
|Why?||Definitely gives a clearer explanation|
|It is more interactive|
|Environmentally friendly and useful|
|Not everyone has a iPAD or tablet. I prefer paper. |
|It should be supplementary/additional learning material, not to replace notes |
|Lectures notes are more informative|
|4||Which is your favourite SIM?||3D Geostationary satellite model |
|Binary stars model|